The Construction Concert SeriesThe Stissing Center is announcing its fall CONSTRUCTION CONCERT SERIES. The series will include a free open house dance party, a free screening of the silent film, Phantom of the Opera, with a live performance of the original score, a concert from the Bard Conservatory, a performance by Molsky’s Mountain Drifters and an evening of drama by the Stissing Theatre Guild. And, yes, a benefit concert with Wynton Marsalis. The line-up for the fall 2019 Construction Concert Series includes:
- August 31 – Free “Surprise Party”: a door-opening celebration with food, fun, and dancing. All are welcome!
- September 7 – *Premiere Benefit Concert event with Wynton Marsalis and his quartet
- September 21 – Free screening of “Phantom of the Opera”: the silent film classic with a live theatre organ performance of the original score
- October 5 – Bard Conservatory of Music Concert – Percussion and Brass ensembles are scheduled
- October 18 – Molsky’s Mountain Drifters – “It is no exaggeration to say that Bruce Molsky is one of the greatest American fiddlers of all time. His playing is mesmerizing and transporting, and best experienced live” – WBUR (Boston NPR)
- November 1 & 2 – Stissing Theatre Guild – an evening of drama